- Facial yoga involves stretching and massaging facial muscles and skin while stimulating the lymphatic system.
- Furthermore, facial yoga is a great way to combat inflammation.
- 11 lies refers to the vertical lines that develop between eyes.
New Delhi: Fine lines,
Ancient Indian workout form
How does facial yoga help with ageing?
Facial yoga is a natural process that lowers toxin levels and chemical exposure and increases collagen production to improve
- For the 11 lines: 11 lies refers to the vertical lines that develop between eyes. To diminish those, hook your finger and use it to massage the forehead by moving the brow to the hairline. This should be done on the area between the eyes.
- Cheekbone sculptor: Sculpted cheekbones like those of Lena Headey are a dream for many. To achieve those, use your index and middle fingers and slideshow them from the chin to jaws – and continue sweeping your cheek towards the cheekbone. On the last stroke, stop the fingers on the temples for an acupressure point.
- Lift your brows: For sharp and lifted brows, press the index finger on either side of the nose bridge. Breathe in and sweep your fingers to massage and trace along the brow line.
- Neck firmer: Slide down a bit from your face and you’ll realise how much stress the neck has to take. Using the neck firmer, you can get much-needed relief. For this, turn your head on a 45-degree angle and pucker the lips. Then make a fist with the same hand as the side of the neck being stretched and use the knuckles to move the jaw down from neckline. Repeat the same on the other side as well.
- Forehead smoother: Fine lines across the forehead are another common occurrence. To fix this, make fists with both hands and glide the knuckles and fingers from the middle of the forehead towards the hairline.
What are the benefits of facial yoga?
Experts recommend practising facial yoga on a clean face with washed hands and using face oil while doing so. This can help your hands glide across the skin an offers it some nourishment as well. And when it comes to the benefits of this routine, it goes beyond treating the signs of ageing.
- Strengthens facial muscles
- Eases tension
- Improves mental health
- Tightens the skin
- Promotes proper nostril breathing
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.